Now that I live in the UK, one of the things I miss about Tasmania is the easy opportunity for a multi-day trip down a remote river. Although parts of Scotland and Wales are pretty remote, there’s not the same sense of wilderness. I think back to the three years between 1977 and 1979 when [...]
Archives for April 25th, 2012
Posted by Mally on Wednesday, April 25th 2012
- Look through the gate
- Familiarity or mastery?
- Effort vs Age
- Small change, big difference
- Re-learning old lessons
- We stand on the shoulders of giants
- 2014 Slalom season over – winter training and some proper rivers
- Chasing a percentage?
- Is it worth doing dry land training for kayaking?
- Slalom update – process or outcome?
- 2012 ageing athletes beginner's mind coaching conflict creeking Dave Florence Devon dudh khosi freestyle goal-setting history injury In the flow kayaking learning Lea Valley Lee Valley mastery motivation mental skills Mindfulness motivation north queensland paddle parenting performance performance psychology power output Psychology retirement river sea kayaking self-confidence Slalom technique ticino training val sesia Whitewater whitewater kayaking wilderness world masters games
- Mally in When goals get in the way
- Jacko in When goals get in the way
- Mart in What does a coach do?
- Mally in What does a coach do?
- Wendy Sik girl in What does a coach do?
- Mally in What’s the psychological difference between qualifyin…
- Henry Hyde in What’s the psychological difference between qualifyin…
- PaulG in Beginner's mind
- Mally in I thought I was immortal.
- Mally in Feel the fear and do it anyway?
- Top after-work paddling locations? (6)
- Slalom training then and now (4)
- What does a coach do? (3)
- Feel the fear and do it anyway? (2)
- What’s the psychological difference between qualifying and competing for a medal? (2)
- When goals get in the way (2)
- Where to next? (1)
- Hello world! (1)
- I thought I was immortal. (1)
- Beginner's mind (1)
Bad Behavior has blocked 46 access attempts in the last 7 days.