I paddled my first slalom session at the new Lea Valley Whitewater Centre last weekend. It was only my second time on the course, and a slalom K1 was a bit more challenging than paddling my creek boat during the assessment session the weekend before.After I’d been paddling for about an hour, Dave Florence got [...]
Posted by Mally on Tuesday, June 21st 2011
- Small change, big difference
- Re-learning old lessons
- We stand on the shoulders of giants
- 2014 Slalom season over – winter training and some proper rivers
- Chasing a percentage?
- Is it worth doing dry land training for kayaking?
- Slalom update – process or outcome?
- When goals get in the way
- Rules of the road – when slalom and plastic meet.
- “You don’t stop paddling because you get old, you get old because you stop paddling”
- 2012 ageing athletes beginner's mind coaching conflict creeking Dave Florence Devon dudh khosi freestyle goal-setting history injury In the flow kayaking learning Lea Valley Lee Valley mastery motivation mental skills Mindfulness motivation north queensland paddle parenting performance performance psychology power output Psychology retirement river sea kayaking self-confidence Slalom technique ticino val sesia Whitewater whitewater kayaking wilderness world masters games
- Mally in When goals get in the way
- Jacko in When goals get in the way
- Mart in What does a coach do?
- Mally in What does a coach do?
- Wendy Sik girl in What does a coach do?
- Mally in What’s the psychological difference between qualifyin…
- Henry Hyde in What’s the psychological difference between qualifyin…
- PaulG in Beginner's mind
- Mally in I thought I was immortal.
- Mally in Feel the fear and do it anyway?
- Top after-work paddling locations? (6)
- Slalom training then and now (4)
- What does a coach do? (3)
- Feel the fear and do it anyway? (2)
- What’s the psychological difference between qualifying and competing for a medal? (2)
- When goals get in the way (2)
- Where to next? (1)
- Hello world! (1)
- I thought I was immortal. (1)
- Beginner's mind (1)
September 2015 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Bad Behavior has blocked 46 access attempts in the last 7 days.