I’m just back from three days boating in Devon. It was a great trip with the usual suspects, and unusually there was enough water to provide entertainment on the Upper Dart, Erme, Tavy and East Lyn rivers. After a summer of slalom and regular paddling at Lea Valley I felt strong on the whitewater, which [...]
Archives for December 9th, 2011
Posted by Mally on Friday, December 9th 2011
- Small change, big difference
- Re-learning old lessons
- We stand on the shoulders of giants
- 2014 Slalom season over – winter training and some proper rivers
- Chasing a percentage?
- Is it worth doing dry land training for kayaking?
- Slalom update – process or outcome?
- When goals get in the way
- Rules of the road – when slalom and plastic meet.
- “You don’t stop paddling because you get old, you get old because you stop paddling”
- 2012 ageing athletes beginner's mind coaching conflict creeking Dave Florence Devon dudh khosi freestyle goal-setting history injury In the flow kayaking learning Lea Valley Lee Valley mastery motivation mental skills Mindfulness motivation north queensland paddle parenting performance performance psychology power output Psychology retirement river sea kayaking self-confidence Slalom technique ticino val sesia Whitewater whitewater kayaking wilderness world masters games
- Mally in When goals get in the way
- Jacko in When goals get in the way
- Mart in What does a coach do?
- Mally in What does a coach do?
- Wendy Sik girl in What does a coach do?
- Mally in What’s the psychological difference between qualifyin…
- Henry Hyde in What’s the psychological difference between qualifyin…
- PaulG in Beginner's mind
- Mally in I thought I was immortal.
- Mally in Feel the fear and do it anyway?
- Top after-work paddling locations? (6)
- Slalom training then and now (4)
- What does a coach do? (3)
- Feel the fear and do it anyway? (2)
- What’s the psychological difference between qualifying and competing for a medal? (2)
- When goals get in the way (2)
- Where to next? (1)
- Hello world! (1)
- I thought I was immortal. (1)
- Beginner's mind (1)
Bad Behavior has blocked 46 access attempts in the last 7 days.