I’m just back from three days boating in Devon. It was a great trip with the usual suspects, and unusually there was enough water to provide entertainment on the Upper Dart, Erme, Tavy and East Lyn rivers. After a summer of slalom and regular paddling at Lea Valley I felt strong on the whitewater, which [...]
Archives for December 9th, 2011
Posted by Mally on Friday, December 9th 2011
- Chasing a percentage?
- Is it worth doing dry land training for kayaking?
- Slalom update – process or outcome?
- When goals get in the way
- Rules of the road – when slalom and plastic meet.
- “You don’t stop paddling because you get old, you get old because you stop paddling”
- Ageing and exercise
- Ivrea World Masters Games
- Final preparations
- What does a coach do?
- 2012 ageing athletes beginner's mind coaching conflict creeking Dave Florence Devon dudh khosi freestyle goal-setting history injury In the flow kayaking learning Lea Valley Lee Valley mental skills motivation north queensland parenting performance performance psychology Psychology retirement river sea kayaking self-confidence Slalom ticino val sesia Whitewater whitewater kayaking wilderness world masters games
- Mally in When goals get in the way
- Jacko in When goals get in the way
- Mart in What does a coach do?
- Mally in What does a coach do?
- Wendy Sik girl in What does a coach do?
- Mally in What’s the psychological difference between qualifyin…
- Henry Hyde in What’s the psychological difference between qualifyin…
- PaulG in Beginner's mind
- Mally in I thought I was immortal.
- Mally in Feel the fear and do it anyway?
- Top after-work paddling locations? (6)
- Slalom training then and now (4)
- What does a coach do? (3)
- Feel the fear and do it anyway? (2)
- What’s the psychological difference between qualifying and competing for a medal? (2)
- When goals get in the way (2)
- Where to next? (1)
- Hello world! (1)
- I thought I was immortal. (1)
- Beginner's mind (1)
Bad Behavior has blocked 58 access attempts in the last 7 days.